Monday, July 12, 2010

He's Got the Whole World in His Hands

We are enjoying summer so much.  We had a long weekend in Canton last weekend and I got to see all my nieces and nephews.  Henry had his 3 year old birthday party and the theme was water.

[caption id="attachment_135" align="alignleft" width="368" caption="Ebony and Ivory"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_138" align="alignleft" width="368" caption="Parks-handsome little nephew"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_134" align="alignleft" width="368" caption="The Whole Montgomery clan"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_133" align="alignleft" width="368" caption="Elizabeth and Ruthie in a watery ballpit"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_132" align="alignleft" width="368" caption="Fearless Ruthie"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_131" align="alignleft" width="368" caption="Lots of nieces and nephews except for the kid in the red "][/caption]

I finally got my roof finished.  The crew who put it in were interesting.  They made the biggest mess I had ever seen.  They did get all the nails up when we were out-of-town but they left a caulk gun hanging in the tree, a pack of cigs in the yard, and their trailer in my driveway.  I had to call the contractor to get them to come get the huge trailer.  All and all the roof looks great, I am glad it is over with though.

We went to see Despicable Me today.  It was so cute, We decided Rob was Margo, Clara was Edith and Lewis was Agnes.  When you see the movie you will understand.  I am now watching a documentary called  "A Small Act."  It is about a man from Kenya who went to Harvard and was sponsored every month with $15 from a woman kindergarten teacher from Sweden.  He created a foundation that provides scholarships to secondary students in Kenya and he works the UN.  Hilde (the teacher) was a Holocaust survivor and was saved from Germany by the Swedish government and she wanted to give back.  Great story, very inspiring.

Several young adults from our church have  started an orphanage (sozochildren.org) in Uganda.  They are such amazing young people.  Last night they were in a sports bar in Uganda when a bomb went off, all of their lives were spared by the grace of God.  To read the story http://www.foundationonrock.blogspot.com I wept as I read it.  These are children of mothers who I see at church all the time.  It reminded me that God really has the whole world in His hands and that terrorist are pure evil.

Back to suburbia, Rob is starting back at football tomorrow and twice a day.  I am working on framing some artwork of the kid's and found great deals at Old Time Pottery.    After a little spray paint they are perfect.  Sorry this is so scattered, my kids have been stealing my boyfriend Mac (laptop) and using it to play Toontown.  They are a little obsessed.  Better post next time I promise.

[caption id="attachment_184" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Can you believe this is a CVS?"][/caption]

This CVS is in Madison, MS.  It is so crazy looking I had to take a picture of it.  This town requires that business not have tall signs and controls the appearance of all businesses.  I wondered if the CVS people did this to make fun of the restrictions.  Basically you can't tell what most business are from the street.  The Walgreens was the same way, crazy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment