Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hueytown and Hooters

Mom and I started our weekend by going to the Renaissance Consignment store where almost the entire store was 80 % off.    Mom, Clara and I were there from 11:00 until 4:30.  We stopped for lunch at Edgars for about 45 minutes.  The prices were too good to stop.   Most of the things we got were between $4 and $10.

I took Clara out to Hueytown to our chiropractor on Monday.  Mom was here visiting.  Her appointment was at 2:00.  I got on a long technical support call with a guy from Bell South who started telling me about his cornea transplants and all these things about my Internet service I didn't really need to know.    I think he was just excited I actually understood what he was trying to tell me.   He talked and talked.  So when I got off the phone I was kind of flustered.  I ended up leaving an hour before I needed to at 12:30, I must have been on auto pilot headed to the Galleria instead of Hueytown and ended up going the wrong way.  We finally got to Hueytown at 1:45 just in time for the real appointment time.  Clara and I are no help to each other with directions.  I then needed to run into the outlet mall and return some things.  His office is two exits away from the mall.  I somehow managed to leave my wallet at home so I couldn't return anything.  I am glad I didn't get pulled over during our field trip of 459.

We  were passing by Hooters today and Lewis said "I saw a Hooter girl in there!"  I said, "ok".  He said "What do they do in there?"  I told him they were waitresses.  He said, "Oh, I thought they just sat around and talked to customers.  I thought they were just there for entertainment for grown ups."

We are meeting the teachers tomorrow.  Here we go!

1 comment: