Monday, February 27, 2012

Basketball and Wicked

My finished closet and my cute boxes from Big Lots, pretty good find. 








Pantry with doors

New molding



I already love my half finished laundry room!!
My Little Katniss
One of the most patient men in the world
 
We are taking a 4 day break from remodeling.  I am glad.  We have accomplished so much but are waiting on the granite folks and I am enjoying a break.  It has been a very positive experience but I am missing my kitchen.  We are getting the floors stained and refinished on Friday, that is going to be great. 
Clara had her final basketball games this weekend.  She has had a hard season.  Some of their scores in games were 3 shut outs, 42-0, 31-0 and 24-0.  Some we only scored 2 points, but Saturday was our high scoring game at 6 points.  Clara went all out and scored all 6. It was definitely a team effort but she was playing like a girl on fire, my little Katniss.  I was proud. They lost 24-6.  Mike our coach got some jewels in his crown this season, he taught them so much.  They improved tremendously and learned how to lose gracefully.  Thanks Coach Whitt!!!

Friday night Kathleen and kids came to see Wicked.  We loved it and the kids talked me into getting a signed poster for a contribution to Broadway Cares.  Kathleen was sprinting in some boots with a narrow heel and twisted her ankle.  So she had to hobble all the way back to the car from the BJCC to the Sheraton.  We made it back to our car at 11:20 and did not make it out of the damn parking lot until 1:00am.  I was calling everyone I could get at midnight to complain.  The Sheraton told me the people who managed the parking lot forgot to collect money when we came in so everyone was having to pay one cashier on the way out.  I asked "can't you just let us out since it was your mistake?".   Sheraton said it wasn't our mistake you need to contact BJCC.  Eddie at the BJCC said it was Capitol parking who we needed to call.  So I left them a terse voice mail when we pulled out of that place.  They called the next morning and I told them they made about $300 dollars off of all of us but created years of ill will.   She said she would call the manager about that, I can't imagine he was awake at 1:00 am Friday night but I think that could have been the problem that the employees didn't feel like they could make the decision just to let us out.  Eddie from the BJCC told me "they got to make their money."  I told him I felt sure as old as that Sheraton is that parking garage had been paid for long ago.  Oh Well, I am pretty much over it.........We had to send Kathleen to the Amy Bentley Walk in clinic and she got a boot.  We could not stop laughing about it.  It was a fun memory though.  Love my family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment